Wednesday, July 2, 2014

This is How I Cook ~ Deep Fried Yellow Zucchini




 One of my favorite cookbooks is the Joy of Cooking. My mom gave it to me when I first moved out and it has everything in it. I literally tells you how to boil an egg. LOL

WHAT YOU NEED:
1 cup flour
4 tbsp. beer
2 egg yolks
water
 

I just used the beer batter recipe on page 103. Super easy!
Start by putting the flour in one bowl and adding the egg yolks.


Don't forget no whites - just yolks!!!
Beat the ingredients well.


Add your beer.


add water until you get the right consistancy.
Not too runny, not too thick.



Cut your zucchini up.
I did mine round because it was so thick and big! LOL

You can either throw them in a deep friyer or do what I did...I just got about a cup of oil hot in a non stick frying pan on medium...then I threw them in and flipped quick!!! :) These suckers cook fast!!!


They were so good...I dipped them in ranch dressing ...yum yum yum...


Cheers,
Messy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awww i want some now:)
x

Unknown said...

yum! Those look really good.